Prodigy Finance - who are we?
Prodigy Finance is a platform that delivers socially responsible financial services; making it possible for students from more than 150 countries to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools by financing their international postgraduate studies, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$800 million through the platform to fund over 18,600 students.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
What will you do in the role?
We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Specialist to join our Front Office Team based in Cape Town. This person will be fully accountable for managing customer interactions, processes and systems around loan applications.
Prodigy Finance’s Servicing Team is located in Cape Town, South Africa with the role reporting to a Customer Service Team Lead.
What are some of the roles and responsibilities of this role?
- Managing your attendance, time keeping and personal effectiveness to maintain required SLA’s and/or turnaround times on borrower communication/queries
- Providing professional, warm clear customer service to assist and educate our customers on:
- How to apply for a loan and how to access self-service features
- All queries relating to a customer considering a loan and up to us releasing the funds.
- Understand and advise customers on the best solutions and processes that would assist them in their current situation
- Work with other teams and customers i.e. inter-functional assistance and feedback
- Having deep subject matter expertise development over the course of time
- Hit targets in a fast paced, high volume and high quality customer services environment
- Ensure weekly tasks are completed
What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Have an empathetic yet firm approach to dealing with high net worth individuals
- Proven people management skills, preferably with people from different cultures and countries
- Strong attention to detail and administrative discipline; able to identify, escalate and correct any errors when made by any part of the team or business
- Ability to listen well and show empathy
- Proven ability to remain calm under immense pressure
- Ability and willingness to deal directly with specific tasks and enquiries where required
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems
- Established negotiation skills
- Proven ability to operate independently
- Self-assurance and a confident manner
- Have the ability to debate in a constructive manner and to challenge conventional wisdom
- Process control and process thinking – understanding the impact of how changes upstream affect customers and stakeholders in all parts of the value chain
- Accountable, being comfortable with being the first point of contact by internal and external stakeholders
- Great financial acumen, understand the functional and operational elements of a financial business and products
Qualifications and experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a customer support role for financial services
- Experience in delivering great customers service that drives quality and resolution
- Experience in dealing with customers under TCF principles
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in inbound and outbound customer support
- The ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of internal and external customers
- Thrives in a busy environment and handles stressful situations calmly and professionally
- Team player, willing to help other areas to work as one team
- Degree qualification
- Fintech experience – hopefully you would have experienced the excitement and challenges of working at the bleeding edge of disruptive technology within financial services
- Experience with FCA or have worked in a business that is FCA regulated before
- Growth Company experience – you may have experienced rapid growth in your current role or company, knowing how to keep pace with changing processes and dependencies